Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bird of the Story

I'm still trying to get a lot of these assignments over with before the semester ends next week. I'm so stressed out about it. I still have a lot to do for it. Anyway, this assignment I worked on was Storybird. I like to write stories and try to write them with my own ideas, without plagiarizing. I've never actually heard of that website in my life. When I first tried it a few weeks ago, I thought that I could write my own stories on it. And also make illustrations. Unfortunately, I was never allowed to make art pictures of my own, I had to choose from what Storybird I had. I never wanted to do that, to be honest, because it made me feel like a plagiarist with someone else's artwork. I always preferred to become both an author and illustrator, like Chris Van Allsburg, just so that it would feel like I'm using my own artwork and writing than using someone else's. With this picture I've put on here, it's just showing a metaphor of Storybird. This true story of this picture are my younger siblings with those bird trainers right behind them. That was the time when we went to a Bird Festival and my younger sister won $100 for her drawing at age FOUR! That's crazy, huh? That tells me that someday, my younger sister will also want to become an author and illustrator. I just wish there was a website that had story writing and picture illustrating with it so it can teach me to become a professional author and illustrator. P.S. the story that I wrote about on storybird, is a children's story about animal friends and their names and personalities to help children learn about animals and how they can learn about names.

No comments:

Post a Comment